Thursday, February 21, 2008

Politic, Borelitik or Borektik - Part 2

Almarhum Tan Sri Azizan bin Zainal Abidin (1932-2004)

Read a poem today by Faiz Ahmad Faiz like to share with you.

SPECK

speck,your lips are free.
speck,it is your tounge.
speck,it is your own body.
speck,your life is still yours.

See how in the blacksmith's shop
The flame burns wild,
the iron glows red,
The locks open their jaws,
and every chain begins to break.

Speck,this brief hours is long enough
Before the death of body and tounge.
Speck, 'cause truth is not dead yet,
Speck,speck
whatever you must speck


-Faiz Ahmad Faiz-
Poet 1911-1984


Politician come and go but leaders are born and groom for and with it.
You wish to challenge this bold statement.Pleased do.I'll be waiting.
Here's my facts.

Believe me,within a decade the new generation will forget a man very much sinonim with PUTRAJAYA AND PETRONAS.
Almarhum Tan Sri Azizan bin Zainal Abidin.Al.Fatiha.
An ophan from Penang whom together steered and steward our development to where we are today.Groom and brought up by the Che Teh's family and wed off to Almarhum Che Teh's beautiful daughter Yg.Bhg.Puan Sri Noraini Che Teh.
Bless with beautiful successful children.

I personnally met Almarhum Tan Sri, only on two occassion.
First,when he was still the Under Secetary with KDN way back in early 70's.
Yes..yes I know the Ops Lalang what so ever,even grouches by some quaters on the ISA issue,the Sidek Ghaous incident,Two Dollahs,Mamali's ,AKUI etc.etc,all are recorded history.
Second much later when he came to my cousin sister Maz wedding at kampong in 1994.
I can't remember much on the first meeting coz I was still a wee lad then,but I knew for sure his presence and personality then shows sign of an important man from Kuala Lumpur.
A personality where any reasonable 'kampong boy' would ditto copy.

I remember how envy I was with his shoes.
Real Black leather and shinning.
It was much later when I'm out of my cocoon,I knew one could buy a jolly good pair of imported of Locker,Bally,Clark,Salamander at either P Lal store,Johyti or have it custom made at Nam King cobblers along (used to)Jln.Medan Tengku Abd.Rahman,but it cost a fortune then.

The second meeting , when he was already a Tan Sri.
I recall him coming, drove with his family members all the way from KL to my little village ,unchauffered.
Being in position he still find time to be at my humble family home for the jubliant occassion.
Casually not over dress,eating at 'Majlis Kahwin orang kampong' just like any ordinary folks,genuine smile all along and humble.
I rememberd offering him a second helping of 'Nasi Minyak'

'...Tan Sri jemput tambah lagi......'

his answer was spontanous,in thick Penang accent,
'..lah...awat hang panggil formal-formal ni..Anam Izan aje dahlah!!
I recall his remark,.....hangkan anak Anam Malek!
Yes,Almarhum Pak Malek was my uncle and a father to me too.
He didn't have a son,only Maz my cousin sister whom we were brought up together.

Yes,ibok was a working lady,Mak Nyah, my aunt took care of my welfare and groom me all along my primary and secondary schooling years.
Lucky me, I have 3 diffrent fathers(an uncle,real father and step dad) which took care of my welfare,health and wealth.
All are my mentors and it was from all three I learn the facts of life.
Like a wise man advising his son,

'son!....anything good come from me,your father but
anything bad come from your willy"


The meeting was a short one.
From a reasonable man point of view, there is no way one could claim one is close to someone,after merely two short meeting.

It takes a life time to know a person.
His temprement,his honesty,his down to earth altitude.
However,I can assured you,Almarhum Tan Sri Azizan,
is a man with high intergrity ,respected and down to earth person despite all the status he attain in life.A character,only speck when are spoken to!

Here's my story,

It was Ramadan 2005,Me and my other half breaks our fast then at
The Alamanda ,Putrajaya open cafe.
After a short snack I proceed to Alamanda Surau for 'Jemmah Maghrib'.I miss the first takbir and proceed with the rest.
The Imam whom leads the prayers faces the Kiblat all the way till the sholat and doa is over.When its over, he stood up facing the jemaah.

Allahu Akhbar.
In a split second,this Imam looks precisely of late Tan Sri Azizan.
The personality and trade mark befits him.
I approached and whisper to him,

'..Tuan,wajah tuan seakan-akan mirip wajah Almarhum Tan Sri Azizan.
He didn't say a word and varnish in split second.

Lillah.I am willing to take a 'Bayyinah' coz it is the 'haq an'nas ainal haqqul al yakin'

Both Tan Sri and TDM are close and both had dreams for the reality of Putrajaya existence at heart.
Tan Sri the executor and TDM the 'Planner'.Both are philotropist.

It was on one of the last 10 days of Ramadan.I am assured.
I kept the mystical meeting all by myself ,until I met his daughter 'Datin' and his son Amir Hamzah at a 'majlis tahlil' some years ago and told them the actual event.

The moral of the story is:

'God pick his rightfull khalifah via the voice of the people,and definately he chooses and pick the wise and able one'.

ONLY THE ABLE ONE!!!!

Al.Fatiha.
Tan Sri Azizan Zainal Abidin
1932 - 2004

TO BE CONTINUED...Pt.3 - Political Junkies-'Win Some Loss Some'

No comments: